As days are passing, new and innovative technologies are getting introduced that are gradually making lives easier for people working in different sectors. In the world of technology, one such innovation that has benefited a lot of web professionals, digital marketing experts and even students is the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
With the help of this advanced server, one can get all emails relayed from the internet to one’s own machine. In fact, if you have installed Windows in your computer or laptop, you can treat it as an SMTP server. For this, you need to access the Control Panel and thereafter install the optional component from it. This will be applicable for all desktop machines installed with the Internet information Services (IIS). On installing correctly, you will be able to make use of your network’s relay service through your machine.
How one can benefit from SMTP?
SMTP server is best for all those who keep moving from one place to another for work. One of the biggest advantages of this modernized server is that it keeps users miles from falling prey to Internet Service Provider (ISP) issues. When you move to a new place and try sending multiple emails through your laptop or smart phone, the result is always negative. The ISP stands a big obstruction in this case. Therefore, the Simple Mail transfer Protocol plays a key role here by supporting your ISP and helps you send multiple emails at a time.
Know how to install SMTP server in your Windows machine
Now, if you are about to make a world tour to accomplish your work targets, installing SMTP server will be indeed a wise decision. For installation, you can either take help of any software professional or do it yourself. So, if you are having Windows in your machine and you want to install the SMTP server, the following steps will surely help you meet your purpose:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ by clicking the Windows ‘Start’ button. There will be an icon named ‘Add or Remove Programs’. Just double-click on it and a new window will be opened then and there where you will be able to edit programs installed within your computer or laptop.
- Click on the link named ‘Add or Remove Windows Components’. Here you will get all components related to Windows that can be optionally removed or added to one’s machine along with SMTP support.
- Once you get the list of Windows components, scroll it down and thereafter click on the option ‘Application Server’. This will appear on the icon’s right hand side. Click on the button named ‘Details’.
- Click on the icon ‘Internet Information Services’ and then again click on the ‘Details’ button. Here a list of components managed by IIS service will be displayed.
- Click on ‘SMTP service’ and then when you are asked to install the service, click on the OK button. Believe it or not, it takes a few seconds for installation. Once done, you can now treat your computer as an SMTP relay server.
During installation of the SMTP server, if you want help, you can always go online and talk to software professionals.